Welcome to shaders.xyz 2.0
After the initial interest in the forum, it became apparent that the infrastructure the forum is built on needed a serious overhaul. When I started the forum, I really had no clue what I was doing, all I knew was that I wanted to build a shading community. This time around, things are (hopefully) going to fly.
- Infrastructure migrated from Wordpress to Flarum (much faster and open-source)
- No spam users any more (this was a problem, you have no idea! )
- "Best answer" functionality to pick the winner and promote their own post.
- Better, more intuitive image uploading. No more visual compression
- Better voting/gamification. Unfortunately we haven't been able to convert the old user scores.
- Better, scalable hardware. Fingers crossed for no server crashes any more!
- The posts now use the markdown language for the styling. If you're not familiar, check out a guide
- Dark interface because most of us work in dark environments
- Searching the forum is more reliable
A huge new addition are our new moderators. Please welcome the following legends:
Regarding the actual challenges, we will just pick up from where we left it last time. No real changes there! In addition to receiving a t-shirt, the winners will also get an invite to become a moderator on the forum.
Known bugs :
- Sometimes the posts don't load. Just click on "now" on the timeline at the right-hand side to force reload them.
To get started, you can log in with your old "@" username and password. If there are any questions, please give me a shout.