Been trying the Challenge in Unreal Engine and struggling with the refractions within the water and glass. Anyone know the math or code behindÂ Nested dielectrics?? Any help?
Hi, Had a bit of time today, here's a first WIP. Loads of stuff to do still, especially the big bubbles are totally off shading-wise. I'll keep digging if I find more time Colors are a bit more crunchy because I'm working in ACES. Hope that's OK! @yuvs Just use the rotation values from the first pass in your DomeLight. The resolution should be a 1:1 pixel aspect (reference image provided is 1024x1024).
Second step. This is third version of shader. I use standard maya leather for bubbles. Before that I tried to use PxrFlakes.
First timer over here! At this point just playing with the shaders and slowly building it up. I chose to go with Alshaders as it has more features to it. Finally got the glass working, the beer is looked bit yellow but its fixable. Leaving the foam to the last. Tip!:Â Any of you guys working with Arnold render, make sure to increase the sample in the Ray Depth, specifically volume and refraction, it helps A LOT with the glass shader.
Wip: I think i need to add another displacement to break the surface. This is done just in the shader, used substance designer for bubbles and Arnold C4d.
First wip shading in LightWave 3D + Octane 3.x
Second wip - Substance Designer to design bubbles - Render in LightWave 3D + Octane 3.x
WIP 1: Lightwave Native Render
So can anyone share the correct dome orientation / spherical coords for the hdri for 3ds max and vray?! ... Or is that also part of the challenge?
For meÂ X=0 Y=5 Z=116, I locked the HDRI to a Vray dome light a rotate it.
First WIP from me. Completely shaderbased. Slight cc
My last try
This is the next attempt to use PxrWorley for the generate bubbles pattern. I`ve used displacement by layers. First layer is cavity of top. Second layer is a voronoise. Third layer is a big bubbles, and last one is a little bubbles.Â I do not like this result. Probably will have to do it in Houdini.
update with slightly smaller bubbles
Hey Thilo, could you share some insights on your approach please. Its looking very drinkable
Hey guys , just wanted to shareÂ my WIP. I've used Arnold and decided to not use any extra geometry and to texture the foam completly procedural. For the bubbles I used a granite texture which displaces the foam and works as a mask for the mix shader between the bubble and the foam material. I'm still struggling with the foam that is only visible through the glass and also the bubbles on the right side of the foam. You can see the edge of the bottom foam geo through the bubbles.Â If you have any ideas on that pls let me know
@arvid Thank You Software: Cinema 4d and Arnold Approach: I generated spheres on a plane which are not overlapping via the dart throw method in xpresso (Cinema4 d). from this mesh i renderd the displacement for the bubbles. I made a shader Â just for the foam without the bubbles, displacement, color,sss where driven by the generated displacement map. for the bubbles i duplicated the mesh and used the clamped displacement map for the opacity, the none clamped for roughness, transparency, and of course displacement. the images are from the first WIP and rendered in Corona, if someone is interested i could make some of theÂ current version
Had a bit more time yesterday evening to tweak a bit more and kicked off a render. Couldn't resist to add a tiny glint in post, other than that its the pure render. No geometry modification, no textures, etc - still 100% procedural. Still a lot to do, I'll continue when I find some more time. Crop:
Hey guys! Awesome entries already! And I love the techniques used..good ideas. I m not sure if I will finish my entry..but I ll post stuff as I find time to work on it. This time I ll work with KtoA ( Katana & Arnold )
Back my network to use maya leather for bubble patterns. In big resolution i see some mistakes. I correct this after vocation.